Accident lawyers in New York City ready to help you in Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens and Manhattan

Tips for Making a Personal Injury Claim

Law is a thing of beauty- but that depends on which side you are. The best part is that you can claim damages for so many kinds of injuries that we have lost count. Whether it is to your person or to your money (loss of earnings), you can always choose to sue. So in order to do it right and get the best settlement for your claim, we have a few tips that will help you win your case.
The first step is to make a claim. Half the population goes through some form of personal injury, be it road accidents, workplace accidents and so on and only a small percentage seeks legal help to be compensated.
Compensation can be made in terms of receiving medical support for your injuries or being compensated for any loss of earnings that you may have suffered. The purpose of this law is to put the claimant in the position he/she was in prior to the accident.
The person you are looking for in a personal injury claim solicitor. The professional will tell you exactly what the defendant can be charged with and how much can you be compensated. If the solicitor promises to refund you in thousands before listening to the claim you are seeking to make, then run. This one’s a scammer.
For you to successfully claim damages, you must prove that you are not be blamed for the accident in any manner. Car Accident Claims are not calculated by any given formula. This is the same with accident at work claims. There are special damages (fixed value) for medical help and loss of earnings. Then there are general damages for things that do not have a fixed value.
There are a certain number of things that you need to prove before a formal case can be filed. This includes:
• A person/organization against whom a claim can be made
• The person owes you a duty of care
• The person was indeed wrong in his actions that could be prevented
• The personal injury you suffered was a direct circumstance of being negligent towards the duty of care you are owed
Your solicitor is the best person to approach and that is exactly what you should be doing. He will analyze the case and find the evidence for a formal case to be presented in court. Statements from witnesses, reports or asking for statements may be involved. All very Law and Order but hey, you can claim what is rightfully yours!

Leave a Reply